Dairy Foods gives you and your teammates the opportunity to practice the skills necessary for quality control, milk marketing and management of mastitis. You’re also put to the test in identifying cheeses and milk defects. Much of what you learn through this CDE can transfer into many other aspects of the food industry.
To better prepare you for the dairy foods contest, we have put together a list of usable resources gathered from various FFA programs across the state and country. Simply click on the links below to explore and study!
- UW-Platteville Dairy Foods CDE Rules
- WI Dairy Foods CDE Rules
- Purdue 4-H/FFA Dairy Foods Coaches Guide
- Dairy Products Judging Bulletin – MSU
- Milk Off Flavors – KSU Student
- Dairy Foods CDE (ppt) – Tarleton State U
- Flavor & Odor Defects – Cornell
- Judging and Scoring Milk & Cheese – USDA
- Detecting and Correcting Off Flavors in Milk – NDSU
- Taste – Wikipedia
- Sense of Taste
- Cheese Variety Poster – Wisconsin Cheese
- I Love Cheese – Cheese Guide