If you have ever thought of owning your own florist shop, managing a floral department or just love to work with flowers, then the floriculture CDE is where you want to be. This event allows you and your teammates to work on a project together – like making floral decorations for an event, demonstrating the use of horticulture precuts or designing on location. It tests your creativity and design ability when you are asked to complete a flower arrangement on your own. As this CDE stretches your problem solving and decision-making skills, as well as your knowledge of plant materials, it also provides a taste of what skills are necessary to be successful in the floral industry.
To better prepare you for the floriculture contest, we have put together a list of usable resources gathered from various FFA programs across the state and country. Simply click on the links below to explore and study! We also have ID Booklets in the CDE Cupboard in the agriculture classroom.
PLEASE NOTE: Students must qualify at a regional contest to participate at the State CDE Contest.
- UW-Platteville Floriculture CDE Rules
- WI Floriculture CDE Rules
- Floriculture Test Bank – Louisiana
- Floriculture CDE Test Bank & Answers (150+ ques.) – Texas
- Horticopia – Plant ID
- Introduction to Flower Arranging – SaveOnCrafts
- Floriculture ID – OSU
- Floriculture Design Examples Floriculture Design Center (scroll all the way to the bottom)
- Floriculture Diseases PPT – Former KSU Student