Sauk Prairie FFA is a chapter of the Wisconsin Association FFA, which is a part of the National FFA Organization. Created in 1928, the FFA is a student leadership organization that promotes Premier Leadership, Personal Growth, and Career Success through agricultural education. Our annual fruit sale is our main source of income throughout the year and all proceeds from our chapter’s fruit sale go directly towards developing young individuals, so that they can be better prepared for a career in the Agricultural Industry.
If you or a member of your family knows an active member of the Sauk Prairie FFA, please purchase fruit from them so that they can receive credit for selling fruit. If you are not contacted by an FFA member about purchasing fruit and would still like to, please order by phone (608-643-5960) or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org)!
The estimated fruit delivery will December 15th. On that day agriculture students will then sort all fruit, check for spoilage, and repack it for our customers. Fruit will be available for members to pick up starting after school on the 15th. If you order via phone or online, your fruit will be delivered as long as you live within the Sauk Prairie School District Limits. When the fruit arrives, you will be notified of when it will be delivered. Please hold your payments until the fruit arrives.
COVID-19 Impact on Fruit Sale:
- We will not be sorting through mixed boxes, apples, pears, and pineapples to minimize contact with fruit. All individuals handling fruit will wash and sanitize their hands and wear gloves.
- Should we enter in a virtual method of school, there will be some changes to the way you will pick up your orders. Details are still being planned out.
- If we are virtual, the FFA Alumni may have to conduct the sorting of fruit as students may not be allowed to help and your order pick up will be a drive through style.
- Other items may include having to do a drop and go method of delivery (no entering of people’s homes).
- We ask that when you collect money, it would help make things easier if families collect all funds and write the FFA one check. If that is not possible, that is fine. We are just trying to minimize how much money will be handled at school. The FFA will NOT collect money until fruit is delivered.
- You will be asked to sign your name up on our fruit seller list so we know who all is involved. If you are picking up a slip for someone else, please let Mrs. Ladsten or Mr. Talford know the name of that individual.
- When the orders are due, you will be asked to total up your own slips and submit them using a google form that will be provided to you at a later date.
Fruit Sale Order Form: Click Here
For a description and image of the Farm Bureau Nut selection (fresh pecan halves are not available): Click Here